Automatic Splitter
6 years ago
Pohjois-Karjala, Finland

Here is always the newest version of the needed files

https://github.com/jkarkkainen/StatusInsaneASL

EDIT5: ASL file no longer needed to manually set up - use Edit Splits... and simply activate the autosplitter! Automatically links to the newest version and comes straight from LiveSplit autosplitter database. You need to visit the repository in case you want example splits or layouts.

EDIT4: Modified game .dll no longer needed for Autosplitter - the needed variables are now exposed in the official build. So, only the ASL -file is needed!

EDIT3: Automatic splitter updated now with support for 100% runs. Added also some rationalising on when to actually stop the timer, so from now on it should be safe to wonder around levels and only register timer stop when finishing, or skipping levels (timer-wise that is). Probably not needed, but still, it's there and it makes the whole thing more robust usable. Also, timer is now automatically set to track GameTime so no need to do it manually.

EDIT2: Got permission from the dev to distribute the autosplit compatiibility modded game .dll. Also added usage instructions.

Here is the github-repo for the files. As of now, currently only works with a modified game that exposes the currently loaded level ID.

EDIT: It wouldn't be that complicated to add pause for loading levels (the frame when the next scene is loaded to the frame when the scene actually switches on), so computer loading performance would be nullified completely. Your thoughts on this Serd?

Also, I might be able to squeeze the item collection data to the automatic splitter for 100% runs.

Also, I'll ask the dev if I can distribute the autosplitter enabled game .dll alongside the ASL and LSS files.

编辑者 作者 6 years ago
Uusimaa, Finland

All of your ideas sounds good for me.

Pohjois-Karjala, Finland

I added loading sensing to the modded game .dll and the autosplitter, so choosing compare against Game Time now get's rid of the inconsistent load times (they can actually sometimes be quite long, and doesn't seem to relate to anything), so no more:

• human factor for time splits and end timer
  • loading time inconsistensies.

This will invariably result in a bit faster runs, but all in all I feel this is an improvement. After playing around with the script and doing some runs, I'll start thinking about the variables needed for the 100% run.

编辑者 作者 6 years ago
Finland

Just tested the automatic splitter and it seems to work pretty much perfectly. Good job!

Pohjois-Karjala, Finland

I'm almost finished with the automatic splitter script getting meaningful values out for 100% runs, to help running them. Also, the 100% requires different splits, as there is an item to collect in a level that is completely skipped (as it isn't really a level - I'm talking about Gallery here) in the any% runs. EDIT: Actually there are at least two such places now that I think about. I have go through a split test to make sure everything works out.

Luckily this didn't require any further modification to the game .dll's. Also this means I'm soon quite certain of the minimum needed modificication to the game to talk to the dev about so that we might get some official support as well. If/when the official patch hits, I need to do some last minor fixes to the script and all should be golden from that point forward!

编辑者 作者 6 years ago
Finland

Recording only the game time, and freezing the timer during the game is loading is a great addition. It is also great that the timer resets itself when entering the Main Menu.

Just watched your 100% speedrun, and it looks like you have figured out the most optimal way to complete the levels in order to collect everything. Nice!

编辑者 作者 6 years ago
Pohjois-Karjala, Finland

ASL file no longer needed to manually set up - use Edit Splits... and simply activate the autosplitter! Automatically links to the newest version and comes straight from LiveSplit autosplitter database. You need to visit the repository in case you want example splits or layouts.

thonder_wavemastor 喜欢这个
游戏统计
粉丝
记录
玩家
最新话题
发布于 6 years ago
0 回复
发布于 6 years ago
6 回复
发布于 6 years ago
3 回复