A few things.
1 year ago
United Kingdom

Hi all. I have a few questions about this board, not necessarily gripes, more just curiosity.

First up, 1cc requirements (no continues allowed). I'm always curious when I see this in a ruleset, and I was curious as to why it was in play here?

Next up, why is the timer end point when the newspaper appears, and not on the final hit to Koldan as it is with most other FG speedruns?

Next up, DBcades run is definitely not running at full speed. I know this game has had problems emulating at full speed on previous versions of MAME, but not any of the recent ones. I'm not suggesting anything should happen to the run as it obviously hinders the final time. Was just most of an observation.

Lastly, just another observation, changing the difficulty doesn't actually effect the AI in this game. Only the gravity. Easy setting charcaters will float more, whilst hard setting characters will fall faster.

That's all from me. Thanks for having me here. GGStayFree

• DW
Edited by the author 1 year ago
Kentucky, USA

Hey there! I kind of just threw up a run and got this game added just because I didn't see it listed on here. The 1CC thing was just a carryover from other things I had seen, but I don't necessarily see why it would need to stay that way. The timer stop on the newspaper was mostly just because it was an easy cue to stop a timer on.

I did notice the issues with DBCade's run and mentioned to him at the time that I thought he maybe had some emulation issues on his end, but again as you said it technically only would have made his run slower and not given him benefit, so I saw no reason not to approve it.

That's interesting that is the only difference between difficulties. I honestly didn't put a ton of time into this game so I guess I hadn't really made that observation. That being said, since they do play differently it seems it would be best to keep them as separate categories, but it's certainly not something I'm set on one way or another.

Edited by the author 1 year ago
DWednesday likes this