New rule? need opinions
2 years ago
United States
Super moderatorAlicetwopointoh
She/Her, They/Them
2 years ago

Ok, so im finding out that you can finish a level at the same time that you lose all your lives, as all the finishing level screens still play, but the giant curtain comes down after. Should I let runs be valid like this? completing a run while losing a last life? Or should a person still be have to continue to the next level for it to count?

Argentina

As I said on the other thread, the question is if that counts as "completing the level"? Given that you lose a live, it doesn't really count as actually beating it imo. And the giant curtain is a "game over" screen. So what I think we could do is make separate categories like "Any%", which includes losing lives, but doesn't allow a game over, and a "100%", where only fully cleared levels count. The other option is to just simply not count deaths as a "win", and of course the run doesn't count if you get a game over. Idk, those are the two options I thought about.

Basically tl;dr: Getting the curtain should not be allowed. Maybe make separate categories for counting deaths as "wins"? Or just directly not counting them either.

Edited by the author 2 years ago
United States
She/Her, They/Them
2 years ago

I realized I was playing the game entirely wrong, there's just a lack of info on what the game is telling you, as I'm a little embarrassed I shouldn't be surprised i had trouble fhdbfbsbcbd

United States
She/Her, They/Them
2 years ago

I see what you mean, we could do an any% but for now I think actually completing will be more popular and alot less clutter

United States
She/Her, They/Them
2 years ago

This whole time I thought the completed bars where the lives

Argentina

Yeah lol, it's kind of a weird game, guess it's kind of confusing given there isn't any explanation of the game besides the manual, which isn't that clear anyway.

The correct category should be something like this (I mean the rules): "Complete X levels as fast as possible. You must clear every single line. You can lose lives but those don't count towards the level count. You are not allowed to continue from a game over (losing all 3 lives and get the curtain thing)."

United States
She/Her, They/Them
2 years ago

I like that alot more!

PulMatrox likes this