Combining Platform Leaderboards into a single one
2 months ago
Austria

Hello there,

I'd like to suggest the combining of the categories for individual platforms (i.e. PS4, Xbox One, PC, etc) into a single one.

I'm making this suggestion under the assumption that there are no drastic differences in the way that the game runs on each of the consoles, which I don't believe is the case. Since a WR in any of the categories seems to be equally possible on any of the platforms, having separate leaderboards for each console seems to me like an unnecessary separation of the runs.

Combining the leaderboards would have the effect of making cross-platform comparison and competition a lot easier and more attractive to active and potential runners, as well as making the WWE 2K24 speedrun page more lively-looking by eliminating a lot of the empty, console-specific leaderboards.

/Edit: After further consideration, I have this to add: At the very least, I would argue that an Old-Gen/New-Gen+PC split would make sense, but I believe that even that would make the category-system unnecessarily complex, seeing as none of the runs seem optimized enough to the point where load-times would be so significant that they would stop a runner playing on an older console from getting the WR over a runner on a newer console or a PC.

Other WWE 2K games, such as WWE 2K14 and 2K19 already use an approach similar to one I suggested, although those games in particular are not cross-gen. In that vein, WWE 2K15 and 2K17 do indeed use an Old-gen/New-Gen+PC Split.

Right now, finding runs at all is overly tedious and time-consuming. You basically have to comb through each platform in each category in the hopes of finding any runs at all. To compare PS4 with PS5 runs, say, you would either have to jump back and forth from one category to the other, or open two separate tabs entirely. Combining platform-specific categories into a single one would allow people to find all of the runs much more quickly, and would therefore make running a lot more attractive in my opinion. /Edit over

Sincerely, Bounty

Note: Edited for clarity and added last three more paragraphs.

編集者 投稿者 2 months ago
SeemsLogical そして ZidanetheSlayer1837 これを好き
ゲームスタッツ
フォロワー
走行
プレイヤー
最新スレッド
投稿日 5 months ago
0 返信
投稿日 5 months ago
2 返信