emulators to make TAS of any pc game
2 years ago
Alsace, France

Does anyone know any software to make a TAS PC game?

grnts e M_CBL_ ti piace questo
Singapore

uh, what exactly are you looking for? can you be more specific? this might help though... TASHowTo - TASVideos

Modificato da l'autore 2 years ago
grnts piace questo
Germany

It is generally pretty hard to TAS PC games, there are almost no tools that actually work. There was Hourglass (which was discontinued at some point) and there is libTAS, not sure if there is anything else. Generally you don't just have an easy tool to TAS PC games (especially more modern games) like you can do with emulators for consoles.

I think Celeste for example has their own custom TAS-tools but they might be based on libTAS.

Lameshark e grnts ti piace questo
Aberdeen, Scotland

Try your luck with Hourglass if it's Windows, though I doubt it will work. If it's Linux, try libTAS.

Modificato da l'autore 2 years ago
grnts piace questo
Massachusetts, USA

For me, when it comes to EMU, they're okay as you don't use tool-assist.

grnts piace questo

nice post

grnts, jackzfiml, e sami ti piace questo

Bizhawk and TAS studio on of my favourite. FCEUX is fast in speed but bizhawl is multi system emulator so thats my choice will be bizhawk

grnts piace questo
United States

i tried Hourglass but it gave me a spooky bad error

You're asking how to TAS PC on a speedrunning forum? Is helping you not encouraging cheating? You did say TAS and would still be relevant for game research so I'll answer.

The earliest TASes played the games slowed down on emulators. There's a how to TAS video that states as much. Can take that idea and hack the PC games to run slow then speed them back up in editing. Karl Jobst has popular videos for speedrun cheating in Doom, Trackmania and Guitar Hero/Clone Hero, where runners were caught playing in slow motion. He says Cheat Engine can be easily used to slow down games. Sorry I never used it but maybe you can ask on a TAS forum for game-specific help.

I see Hourglass is meant for Windows XP with 32-bit games and does not support mouse input. Every game released today is 64-bit. Not sure if it will run under a Windows XP virtual machine but the OS can be uhh found online and mid-2000s laptops running genuine XP are cheap and plentiful on eBay.

Modificato da l'autore 18 days ago