Here's why I've decided that modding would not be allowed.
20 days ago
France

And also why we should talk about it

Some nice people made nice mods for the game, Making the game more enjoyable. Why would a speedrunner not be allowed to appreciate these good things?

Here are my points, more like concerns tbh.

1. Modding is currently limited on who can access it. It can be because of the platform or the extra technical skills needed for this kind of early stages of modding. While not being a requirement for speedrunning and hence not an unfair advantage, it is still an advantage and should be thought as such.
  2. Whitelisting would not be an option. Mods should be chosen selectively and with their versions controlled. Some mods could add more features which would immediately mean that they are no longer whitelisted. Then comes the question who is gonna have a saying into this? The majority of players, Loud majority of players, Top scorers, mods or even mod makers? I do not have the answer for that, so it will be nobody.

When should we expect this rule to change?

Based on the assumption I have the final word then it would be when I would be cleared of concern over this matter. I rather want people to be angry at this decision than splitting the community over which mods to ban, which mod to keep. Let's make a fine grained and sturdy consortium over the subject and the point N°2 would be solved. and for the N°1 then we may have to indicate and accept that speedruns of Shogun Showdown is mainly intended for platforms that support modding albeit not exclusive.

Thanks for reading.

Statistik Game
Pengikut
Jalanan
Pemain
Berita Terbaru
Some updates (finally)
  • Runs are now split from 1.0.0.0+ with the release of new content that may affect significantly top scores.

• Creation of an alpha category.

• Added the character Chain Master

My apologies for the latency of update.

1 month ago
Threads Terbaru
Diposting 1 month ago
10 balasan
Diposting 1 month ago
1 balasan
Diposting 1 year ago
0 balasan