Rejected games
6 years ago

I understand the people who are denied their game request. I admit that this is not the situation for all requests games, we can not accept anything and everything either. I explain.

Imagine that 25 people would find it interesting to run a certain game. One of them submits the game. Let's now imagine that there are 5 site staff members who check if the game reach the standards to be accepted on the site. After verification, they decide to refuse the game. In doing so, they demotivate the majority of the 25 people who would have liked to run the game because they would have liked to run it on this site. If it had been accepted, the 25 people could have done at least one race each, maybe more if there are several categories. And the number "25" is huge compared to some games already on the site.

In these moments, the popular vote (or wathever) could be used. For example, if site staff make the request public, members can indicate whether to keep or reject it. If many people seem enthusiastic to execute it, they can accept it. And be refused if people are not interested.

It's my point of view.

PS: Please, give a constructive answer, (not always in a negative way).

के द्वारा संपादित लेखक 6 years ago
HowDenKing इसे पसंद करता है
North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

Sure, people would want to show off their times on this site but speedrun.com isn't a permission to run a game. You can still run it and create a leader board with Google Docs or in the community Discord server.. There are other ways.

MASH, 6oliath, और blueYOSHI इसे पसंद करें

All that being said, there is nothing stopping you from gathering more support, evidence, videos, etc. and trying again. There is no rule against resubmitting a game if you think you can strengthen your case. If you truly think your game belongs here, and if you've taken the two sensible posts above this one in serious consideration, but you're still looking for recourse, then that's your option.

Don't push it though or you'll just annoy the staff lol.

MASH, blueYOSHI, और ShikenNuggets इसे पसंद करें
United States

or start speedrungameextensions.com

EmeraldAly, Hako और 2 अन्य इसे पसंद करें

speedrungameextensions.com

Valhalla

reminderyoudontneedspeedrundotcomtospeedrun.com

Zachoholic इसे पसंद करता है

exactlyandthisthreadisnowuselessandyetwearestilltypinglikethissoithinkweshouldstoprighthereorelsemywritingwillderpoutsoletsstoprightherebythewaywhyareyoustillreadingthis.com

LOLMAN-0027 इसे पसंद करता है
European Union

[quote]In these moments, the popular vote (or wathever) could be used.[/quote] Because that would work out perfectly as seen in the last 4 replies to this thread :^)

but hey, better start 500 sites like https://HentaiSpeedruns.me/ and spread out the speedrunning community even more. I admit, the current system doesn't allow for everything, and it's a free service, so expecting them to filter down on stuff is reasonable. but I don't think the rules for submitting games should be looked at as absolute. When it's a single person submitting a game and only have their own run to show, which also happens to be the first run ever of that game, I agree, it probably doesn't need a leaderboard (I also am to look at when talking about people who submit games like that). But when there's already a small community that wants to use speedrun.com instead of their own way, I don't think they should be rejected for being a short flash game or things of that sort (except if it's not a game, like Visual Novels).

blueYOSHI और KomradeKontroll इसे पसंद करें
Victoria, Australia
stoot
He/Him, They/Them
6 years ago

I don't mind being in the situation where speedgames need to be established (with a Google Docs leaderboard or something similar) before being on the website. Obviously, this may make creating a scene for the game difficult (especially with SDA not being particularly active these days), maybe there can be a forum category for this? Runners can make a thread in an attempt to drum up interest for their game, people interested in trying something new can browse and add to the community if they want to.

Or make a Discord, and add it to the many speedgame Discord server lists. Put all the runs on youtube. Cross-link them. Etc.

Scotland

It's been said before, but I wonder how invested a player can be in a game if something that doesn't change the game in any way is enough to stop them playing it. The Discord LB idea that has been suggested is a great alternative IMO.

England

I would be much more enamored with the concept of a hentai speedrunning website if the domain name was something like "hentaispeedruns.nut"

wellknownbandit, lilfatkid और 3 अन्य इसे पसंद करें