Editing run description requires revalidation
4 years ago
Poland

Hello! I've just noticed that when you modify your run, it requires revalidation, regardless of what has been changed. So if i.e. I change run description, it needs revalidation which is stupid. Revalidation should be done if I changed video URL or time of run.

Derpeth likes this
Netherlands

I assume the new verification is needed because it could potentially tamper with other information like VOD's / images that can be put in the description of runs to serve as extra verification material. Examples are very long speedruns that have to be cut into multiple VOD's in which the other VOD's are put into the description. If you could somehow alter the description of your run after its been verified without moderators having to verify your run again, it would mean you could remove that video or image information and basically invalidate your own run whilst it still being verified.

Slowrunner likes this
United States

Also prevents against people from inserting disparaging remarks relatively unseen. If it's got to be verified again, a mod will be able to look at it and catch it.

ShikenNuggets likes this