Find that glitch! Ice Palace skip
6 years ago

Hey everyone,

so like every great discovery, this was made offline without local recording and thus I have no proof or evidence to demonstrate or reverse engineer. Lame.

So, I was playing Ice Palace at the location where you have to lift the skull and place a block on top of it to open the lower door. I had not yet placed the block on the lower floor, dashed into the skull, and the bottom door opened. I cannot remember the things that proceeded it and I posit it to the community to have a go and see if they can find it.

This would save probably 5-10 seconds.

Québec

I looked into it just now, and the exact condition for opening the door is:

• Link is 2 tiles to the right from the pot (where you'd push the block to the left), facing any direction
  • The block is 1 tile to the right from the pot (but at any Y coordinate, so pushing up or down first still works)
  • The pot is lifted -> Pressing A will move the block left by 1 tile and open the door

The block's X position is already set properly before you push it from above, so you can skip that part completely and just do:

• Lift the pot
  • Move 2 tiles to the right from where the pot was
  • Press A (throw the pot)

This is quite similar to the big key in eastern (opening its chest before it spawns), great coding there ...

Edited by the author 6 years ago
BootlegPickle likes this

Fantastic work Acmlm, I'll test this out for myself later.

Edit: Just did it, it worked. It was so easy I don't know how I didn't reproduce it before.

Edited by the author 6 years ago
Game stats
Followers
Runs
Players
Moderators