Possible New Category/Categories
3 years ago
New Hampshire, USA

Hey so I have watched the 1545, and it seems really interesting, and I will probably want to run 1545, any% and/or restricted at some point, but I do not own a playstation or ps2, so I wouldn't be able to run the og sprash games. So my question is would the leaderboard mods be willing to make new categories or at least subcategories that include sprash hd for those people that have access to the hd games but not the og ones? I do understand that a new 1545 category would have to be renamed to 1555, but still I am curious.

AntBlueR likes this
Ontario, Canada

I think that's an interesting idea.

Personally, I think the original and remakes of the Sprash games are completely different games as far as speedruns go with different routes, tech, additional content such as the relics in Crash 1 and 2 HD. The concept of the 1545, as far as I'm aware, is to bring together the 3 annual Sprashfecta, 301, and 602 races in one big event. Since the Sprash remakes are never played in the Sprashfecta itself, and no game is ever substituted, this kinda goes beyond what's meant to be included.

Obviously, you already know this which is why you're not suggesting these be compared on the same board but as a separate category. However, I still feel that it would be as arbitrary as adding and removing any other games such as adding Crash 4 or removing DK and making separate categories for those.

Last point I'll make is that the Sprash games all allow for emulator use. In fact, it's one of the better ways to play them since all 3 Crash games are optimal on three different regions. So, if you have a computer that can handle running PC games or recording PS4 gameplay, you should have no issue running OG Sprash on your PC.

I'd be interested to hear other's opinions on this though.

(Also, there are Sprash HD categories on the HD Spyro, Crash, and Sprash boards to submit to on their own.)

Texas, USA

You're more than welcome to use the HD Sprash games, but I can't imagine we would add a board for that very-specific category of "1555". Like Zach said, you're more than welcome to emulate all 6 OG Sprash games and is in fact the more popular choice.

New Hampshire, USA

Ok thanks for the replies, I was after all just curious if it would be something you would be able to do, but I will look into emulation for sprash