All Achievements Category
7 years ago
Michigan, USA

Hey, so I've been thinking about making an all steam achievements route for a while, and I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on rules for the category. My thought is that this run would definitely be much more interesting if it had to be a fresh file rather than a NG+. Doing NG+ would have issues in that acquiring enough money to pay your bills, and buy all the items (and keep Jill from being distracted) are all things that need to be worked into the route, and allowing NG+ can trivialize that.

I think this could actually end up being a really interesting run. It will probably involve some additional drinks beyond those in NG+ all endings, because you will want to farm money. Something that also will cause some interesting things in the route are that some achievements can't be earned together in the same run, like "get all perfect service bonuses" and the easter egg from giving stella the flaming moai. This means that the route will almost certainly involve some interesting saves and loads. Off the top of my head, the things that are likely to involve save/load manipulations are the flaming moai easter eggs, getting all the endings, and having enough money to buy everything in the store upon entering NG+ (you need to start the NG+ because it triggers the songs being in the store. You would probably tie this in with getting the bad ending, as being slightly below the rent money leaves a lot of money left over for NG+).

Another thing that's interesting about this run is that it would mean you have to beat Model Warrior Julianne (which honestly kinda scares the shit out of me). I don't know about others, but it took me a while to beat it at all. Of course, it's mostly an autoscroller, but beating the boss as fast as possible without dying definitely adds another dimension to the run.

So right now my rough expectation of the route is as follows. I haven't figured out the money routing yet, so I don't know for sure that this is possible.

1. All endings perfect service playthrough, triggering either 1/2 of the moai easter eggs. Take saves to trigger stella flaming moai and before rent is due to allow triggering bad ending. Watch all endings as achievements unlock as endings play. 2.reload, and trigger stella moai easter egg. Reload late-game file and get bad ending. Enter NG+ file and buy everything.

Model warrior should probably be as early as possible in the run, given that it's likely to be more reset-heavy than anything else.

The big question here is the money. Is it possible to get all endings and keep Jill from being distracted on the first playthrough on a fresh file, and if so, what are the fastest drinks that give enough money to do so? If you can't get enough money, you may need to go through another full playthrough, or do a bunch more save/load shenanigans.

Let me know if you guys have thoughts on NG+/fresh file, or suggestions for things I should check out that might help on routing. Otherwise, I'll probably just update if I get something hammered out for this.

Matriarch likes this
Alsace, France

I always thought it could be something good, not in term a speedrun specially but a little extra run with more challenge. I would like to see you do some research on the game route if you're streaming it or talking about it, no problem o/ I can use the game and do some part of the work but not make any recording.

As far as i remember the money will not be an issue with saves but obviously you'll need more than one run..Beat the freaking mini game thou is pretty annoying, there is a safe spot of 1min20 on strat but after you're on your own. Its not hard to do it but the random patterns depending on what enemy you shot and destroy can result sometimes on inevitable hit that you have to take, biggest problem in this mini game is that IFrames are not good <_ < you can get One shot even full life....

Matriarch likes this
United States

Hopefully this isn't too dead of a forum lol, but this is a really cool idea for a run, and I'd be totally down for looking into routes and strats for it.

United States

So I did a bunch of testing on this tonight on my stream, and if you keep the route the same as the current Perfect Service Route AND buy the carts and console to play the minigame before paying rent, you wind up about $290 short. I'm currently testing if you can give Ingram enough easy drinks that he actually asks for to mitigate that and I'm about halfway there, but I'm also wondering about just waiting til the NG+ part to buy the console and carts and play the minigame there. There also might be some opportunities to give quick big drinks to people (like a big sunshine cloud to Mario) to get some more cash and buy some more stuff. Will continue to work on the route.

United States

I've nearly routed it out, and I have a route for Model Warrior as well, but when I buy all the songs, I'm still missing two. I never had this problem when playing casually. Does anyone know what's up with this? Are there like, secret songs lol?

United States

I figured it out, you have to buy the Meet the Staff

United States

Alright, I basically have a route planned out. Basically play through perfect service route but switch out some drinks:

Give Streaming Chan a Crevice Spike on Day 4 instead of first gut punch Give Alma a Flaming Moai on Day 5 instead of a Bad Touch

Be sure to save Day 17 ROom and Break. After ending and credits, load Day 17 and buy all clutter, play Model Warrior. Load Day 17 Break and give Stella Flaming Moai instead of Bleeding Jane. Also give her a bunch of sugar rushes (but not too many, I keep in the frothy water).

Load up NG+ and Save on Day 2 - buy all music then load day 2 go perfect service to grind money for furniture then when you can afford it (it costs 17600 altogether) buy tables first then wall art then split.

I'm gonna see about some other changes tomorrow and then make an attempt after my roguelike stream tomorrow night.

United States

Aight, gonna attempt it now, will post the VOD here once I'm done.

United States

Alright, here's the ¤actual¤ final pretty pitiful attempt. There are many spots I can improve (like not screwing up Virgilio so bad I have to take an extra day) but overall it's a good base to start improving.

Game stats
Followers
Runs
Players
Latest threads
Posted 3 years ago
Posted 6 years ago
0 replies
Posted 7 years ago
7 replies
Posted 7 years ago
8 replies