Updates/Changes to the Leaderboard
7 years ago
Rhode Island, USA

Hi everyone.

It's been at least 3 years now that this board has existed on SRC. When I first made it, there were very very very few runners of this game, actually, I knew them all personally, so I didn't bother to actually put common gameboy stipulations in the rules section. I figured that since I knew everyone running the game, and knew they both knew and understood the rules, so repeating them here would be redundant. Furthermore, we had no idea that SRC would take off in popularity like it has now.

That being said, I have some bad news for possibly some of the existing times on the board as well as submissions going forward. Active today, all runs done on emulators that SRL does not allow for racing will be removed from the leaderboard. This DOES NOT MEAN we are banning you from running the game. In fact, we encourage players to redo and beat their time on an acceptable emulator (now knowing that Gambatte is by far the best option, I recommend it over the others, and Bizhawk uses Gambatte as its core if you prefer that one).

As it stands, my latest PB was done on WiiMednafen and I'm actually unsure myself if it is accurate enough to not provide a distinct advantage over using Gameboy Player or Super Gameboy 2. If anyone feels motivated enough to test it and finds out it is unfair, I will be forced to redo my run as well! So don't feel singled out if you happen to be one with your time removed haha.

This game's popularity exploded with events like the 12 Hour Challenge, and until today's latest submission it really wasn't brought to my attention or truly cared about enough.

I'd like to apologize for not taking this leaderboard too seriously to start, Mugg has done a fantastic job working hard and doing the majority of the verification work on his own but speedrunning as a whole is an entirely different animal than it was 3+ years ago when I ventured down the rabbit hole that is Trip World. It's also been hard to continue to care about being 2nd place (or lower, gg Rodrigo!) when Nacho is sooooo far ahead of the rest of us.

Anyway, please voice any concerns! If anything I do not want to make it seem like I am picking on specific people to be a bully and would like this process to be as transparent as it possibly can be for 2 volunteers to tidy up a leaderboard for their hobby, and thanks for understanding if you do!

josueuler, guywith and 2 others like this
Game stats
Followers
Runs
Players
Latest threads
Posted 3 months ago
0 replies
Posted 9 months ago
1 reply
Posted 5 years ago
0 replies