'No wrong warp' VS 'No credits warp' - I'm reconsidering.
6 months ago
Antarctica

Hi all! I would like to pull off an old bandage real quick, and ask if we've remained consistent on the name of this category.

Many of us in the first discussions to the change were considering 'No credits warp' as a suitable name, but with some deliberation, we ultimately decided 'No wrong warp' was a better way to filter out any potential future wrong warp discoveries that didn't take us to the credits, but merely to a late stage. It was still a new trick after all, and the possibilities were endless.

The problem: It's been 5 years now, and that never happened. So I think that fear was unfounded.

But with 'No wrong warp', the other problem very much exists: the confusion. And that's what's making me reconsider. Newcomers will see me in attempts taking the bikes to a glitch world, seeing a whole lot of 'wrong' happening, and seemingly 'warping' to stage 4. Inevitably, I get this question: "Isn't that a wrong warp?"

And you know, it's perfectly understandable that they're asking this question. I know it's not really a warp, and I'm happy to explain why it's not really a warp. But it certainly looks like one to someone not familiar with the technicality of what's happening. And that is what's making me consider 'No credits warp' a more suitable name, just to make it more palatable to more people.

What do you all think? Is it fine the way it is, or should we change it?

ukionik, thenesmaster and 2 others like this
Finland

I definitely had some hard time at first wrapping my head around the whole "no wrong warps" thing and then seeing all the bike skips and rat booting skips happening. It's confusing at first, but of course once you see those in almost all the runs you're kind of forced to figure it out that those must be acceptable. Maybe a change of name to the "No credits warp" would be OK or maybe stick with the current name and shortly define wrong warps in the category rules.

Edited by the author 6 months ago
Mexico

Go ahead and change it

Russia

I agree, no credit warp would be more understandable

Antarctica

Alright, it's done! I gave it a month for folks to deliberate, and I've changed the main category name. Enjoy the "Any% No Credits Warp" category everybody. :)

thenesmaster likes this